Abortion in the U.S. and Around the World
In this section, you will find readings and links to supplementary material that pertains to Week 1 of the Abortion Course.
- Planned Parenthood Roe v. Wade 40th Anniversary: Reproductive Justice for Women’s Health: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f04Zeti-JmE
- 1 in 3 Campaign: Women Tell their Abortion Stories: http://www.1in3campaign.org/en/#filter-media-video
- Erdman JN, DePiñeres T, et al. Updated WHO guidance on safe abortion: health and human rights. IJOG, 2013.
- Sedgh G, et al. Induced abortion: incidence and trends worldwide from 1995-2008. Lancet, 2012.
Articles in Popular Culture
- These Women Want to Change the Way You Think About Abortion”, Cosmopolitan: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/news/a6050/these-women-want-to-change-the-way-you-think-about-a…
- “Finally, a Politician Admits to Having an Abortion Simply Because She Wasn’t Ready for a Baby”, Slate: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/07/07/rep_lucy_flores_admits_to_having_an_abortion_and_nev…