The goal of Doing Right at Birth is to ensure that the child welfare reporting of birthing people is evidence-informed, ethical, anti-racist, and meeting (but not exceeding) state legal requirements.
Doing Right at Birth is a self-paced course accessible by logging in to RHEcourse with your learner account. If you would like to register for a free account please fill out this form. You will receive an activation email when your RHEcourse account has been added.
Follow these steps to add the course after logging in”
- Open “View Dashboard” at the top right corner of the page
- Navigate to “View Open Courses”
- Select “Doing Right at Birth”
The course will then show up on your learner dashboard. Once in the course, please click the “Take Pre-Assessment” button below. If you are eligible for the evaluation and complete the pre-assessment you will receive a gift card.
Doing Right at Birth features the following videos:
- Introduction, Level Setting, and Roadmap
- Substance Use: Stigma, Treatment, and Recovery
What do pregnant women and other birthing people, their families, & communities really need?
- Discrimination and the History of Family Separation in the US
Mandated Reporting: Federal and State Legal Requirements
- Child Welfare Report and Consequence
Strategies for Interrupting the Test & Report Chain